SKATE PARK RULES

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
paralegal
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

SKATE PARK RULES

Post by paralegal »

I WAS JUST TOLD THE OTHER DAY THAT THE POLICE WERE GIVING TICKETS TO KIDS WHO WERE AT THE SKATE PARK RIDING THEIR BIKES.

WHY ARE BIKES NOT ALLOWED AT THE SKATEPARK? I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE THAT IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TIRES ON A BIKE BECAUSE THE BIKES THAT ARE USED FOR TRICK RIDING AND JUMPIMNG ARE NOT YOUR STANDARD BICYCLE TIRES.

I THINK THAT ALL BIKES SHOULD BE ALLOWED ACCESS TO THE SKATE PARK.

I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE ON CITY COUNCIL. THE POLICE DEPT. OR OTHER CONCERNED CITIZENS ABOUT OUR KIDS WITH BIKES.

WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN IS KIDS WILL START BUILDING JUMPS FOR THEIR BIKES IN VACANT FIELDS. I SAY ALLOW THE KIDS WITH BIKES IN THE SKATEPARK.
VicRiv
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Background

Post by VicRiv »

The Skate park is on city property. Despite the "release of liability" and "use at your own risk".. A kid on a bike without a helmet injured himself at the skate park.His parents sued the city. Need I say more?

It's a Skate Park.

There are Bike trails to be used throughout the city. (I use quite frequently).

I was riding my bike in the area and there was a kid (no helmet) riding a bike with NO TIRES on the ramps. I told him to stop and picked up the bike and carried it to the dumpster. I continued my bike ride and made my way back to the area.
The kids parents were there-riled up that someone told their kid they couldn't "use the skate park". I talked to them and the kid 'conveniently' forgot to mention the tireless bike he was using and no safety gear.

Score one for the sane parents! Just say "NO" lol!

Hope this helps.
paralegal
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

skate park

Post by paralegal »

Thanks for the information. I hate that one dumb kid can ruin it for all the others. The bike riding that I am talking about is not just riding- it is doing tricks, jumping etc...... My nephew is a pro on the bike circuit and is sponsored by many companies. A lot of these kids are doing the same thing with their bikes and I don't think you would want them on the bike trails for regular riding.

I used to live in Riverside CA and a skate park was built- same thing only for skateboards, alot of the citizens including my nephew went to the city counsil meetings and FOUGHT for the right for the bikes to be able to use the skate park. They finally won and now it is used for bikes and skateboards. The kids all look out and bikes dont jump where skaters are tricking and vice cersa- YES, ALL HELMETS AND SAFETY GEAR ARE WORN the kids make sure of it because they dont want to lose the skatepark. THE COPS ARE ALSWAYS THERE and they LOVE watching the kids.

I hope we can eventually do something like that as well.
VicRiv
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Hold that thought!

Post by VicRiv »

We've been trying to find a way to promote the skate park and provide a way to provide a venue for teens. I'll keep your nephew in mind-maybe we can integrate his talents into the AmCan Cares/Youth Day event we are still working on.

Thanks!
paralegal
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

vicriv

Post by paralegal »

That would be great! He does shows all over the place. He is currently in Amsterdam and will be home in a week. The kids really like watching shows and talking with him and his crew of riders. They have safety rules they tell the kids about, they have stickers, and even bike parts for winners of a contest they put on.

Actually adults love the shows too! Let me know as I know he and his crew would be honored- He is sponsored by BMX, Red Bull, Vans, and many others as is his crew and he is also in magazines for bike rders and all over the internet as well.