City Council

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
mookienunu
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

City Council

Post by mookienunu »

A question for councilmember Coffey. Are you familiar with a company named IAC Interactive Corporation or also known as IAC Search & Media? Apparently you have an account with them that has been suspended? I have contacts that work for this company and am curious to hear your take on this situation.
Frankie G
Informant
Informant

Post by Frankie G »

It's just amazing with all that is going on in our City, County, State and Country you are so focused on Cindy.
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by mindingcitybiz »

Mookie Doo Doo you really need to quit stalking Cindy Coffey this is getting scary. You do know that you can be tracked too...............
mookienunu
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by mookienunu »

Thank you for your response Cindy!!! WOW!! And just so you know this is all public information and she is a public figure and the public has a right to know.
Frankie G
Informant
Informant

Post by Frankie G »

I am ROLLING on the floor laughing as is MCB (on the phone) that you truly think one of us is Cindy. Love the stalking part - that cracked me up.
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

MCB

Post by mindingcitybiz »

MCB ---- Cindy Coffey I think not. Haven't you gotten a clue yet. Now the election is over none of the politicians have anything to say. You are clueless mookie doo doo.
mookienunu
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by mookienunu »

MCB you are a bright one, nothing gets by you, except some sarcasm. And taking my name and turning it into your own childish call shows your maturity and lack of it.
Concerned AC Citizen
Wanderer
Wanderer

whose who

Post by Concerned AC Citizen »

I have been here a really short time and would like to know who the council members are. Can someone give me a list

Thanks
May we live each day to its fullest. May we always make someone else smile with our words
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

whose who

Post by mindingcitybiz »

Leon Garcia - First Voted in Mayor moved here from City of Napa ran several times there and lost, was advised to move to american canyon if he wanted to get into office, plans to run for supervisor in two years for county of napa. Married to a philipino woman who helped him get the their vote in novembers election. Great smile..............

Council Member Don Callison- owner of Sir Speedy, on the board for little league and coaches, kiwanas and other organizations. Served on the planning commission before winning office as council member. married with two kids. A really nice guy who is dedicated to our community, biggest down fall-voted to approve the superstore.

Council Member Ed West- Works for the Sheriff's dept. Ran for office in June last year and lost, ran again in November on the three amigos ticket and won. Active with ACTS (American Canyon Troop Support) His son will killed in Action in Iraq. The Pool is named after his son Phillip West. Mr. West has a wife and 2 other children. Biggest downfall being a hot head if he doesn't agree with your opinion. His wife is a sweetheart.

Council Member Cindy Coffey- Ran for office in 2002 and lost ran for office again in 2004 and won. Owner of the Napa Solano Post. Past member of the American Canyon Art Society and Soroptimist. Claim to fame exposed the City for not following its own laws when they approved the walmart superstore.

Council Member Joan Bennett- Served on the first City Council and was asked to resign by her colleagues. Ran for office again in June 2006 and won. She served for years on the Napa Valley College board. Ms. Bennett recently has lost both her son and husband. Claim to fame-she seems never to be prepared at council meetings.
ac94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Who Is Who In AC?

Post by ac94503 »

It doesnt take long to read the posts on this site as to who is supporting who in AC.

Concerned AC Resident...this site may be a little too negative for you. (It use to be much worse) You are new in a community that has been controlled by a few...for years. Once someone who thought that the best interests were not being served stepped forward, all hell broke loose!

That is why you see negative posts or "rude" comments on this site.It doesn't make it right...But both sides have used this site to voice their opinion and granted sometimes it's ugly. You have to understand that the postings here are NOT from those that are serving the community but those that want their voice heard based on the limited information we are privey too.

Every city has disageements....I find this site a forum to unload frustations and possibly provide my opinion on many issues that will ultimately be decided by the current and future City Councils!

Yeah, sometimes it gets rude...but sometimes it creates change!
VicRiv
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

WELCOME!

Post by VicRiv »

Whole-hearted American Canyon Welcome.

As you can clearly read-posters have their biases and strong opinions regarding agendas and items in the city.

Leon Garcia moved to American Canyon because he went through a divorce and found AmCan Homes more affordable. He continued to be involved in Napa and County volunteerism and ran for Council and became our first elected Mayor by a 3-1 margin over the other candidates because he's engaged, friendly and since being retired continues to be involved in many city volunteer and civic groups. He married his lovely wife, because she's a sweetheart and they were very much in love. (the comment about the election shows the cynical side of some posters)

Joan Bennett, vice-mayor continues also be involved in the community an county, despite the loss of her son and later, her husband. Joan is a methodical thinker and makes sound, informed decision relating to city business. No grand-standing-just simple, honest truth.

Callison is a consistent participant in all city business-being a successful businessman and habitual participant in many city and civic groups and activities. Very honest, clear thinker. He brings a much-needed energy to the council.

West is a person who does extensive due diligence in all areas and thoroughly reviews an item before he makes a decision. He is a correction officer and also a welcome addition of clear thinking to the council.

Coffey was elected to office on the NO-Walmart platform two years ago. She has shown promise due to her questions when conducting city business. She is editor of Napa Solano Post, which no one seems to know the status of. Before positing here-I called the listed phone # and it's been disconnected. Seems to get much of her financial support from unions to fight for them and not the city's interests. Word has it may have interest in running for County Supervisor in the future.

Overall the council members, like all of us are good, hard-working people who are providing a valuable service, for a thankless job. The city is at a very important crossroad-and decisions made now will affect us for years.

Keep in mind-these are simply MY OPINIONS and are posted to give a balanced opinion to MCBs. Both contain True statements. Hope this helps.

Again, Welcome to American Canyon-our little slice of paradise.
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

Post by Issa »

Keep in mind-these are simply MY OPINIONS
I think this is a good point, everybody on this forum needs to understand everybody has an opinion and its you who can either value it or not.
Visit AmericanCanyon.com --- Your online source for everything City Of American Canyon, California.