questions re: a new business

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
paralegal
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

questions re: a new business

Post by paralegal »

Hi! I need the public help. I am deciding to open a Paralegal Business here in AC. I would lie to get an idea of what the general public thinks of the idea. Is there a need or will there ever be a need.

I have only lived here 1 year and I am not sure if it is a good idea.

Thanks
mookienunu
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by mookienunu »

With all the lawsuits within the city :D :D . But being serious, sounds like a fantastic idea. Best of luck to you in your new business adventure and congratulations.
merryjester
Historian
Historian

Maybe if you sell pizza, too...

Post by merryjester »

Paralegal - help me understand what a "paralegal business" is, exactly. My understanding is that paralegals assist attorneys in casework, preparation, etc. What activities/services would you be offering from your office?
paralegal
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

reply to MerryJester

Post by paralegal »

A Paralegal Business is to assist people with different types of legal paperwork from divorce, any type of family law, civil complaints or answers, wills, living trusts.....

I am experienced to provide family law paperwork, divorce, custody support, property amd responses to same..... I also am experienced to provide wills and civil complaints and/or answers.

Paralegals also can have the opposing party served and file all paperwork filed with the court.

People use papralegals if they can not afford the prices of an attorney or if the parties agree on everything they will use a paralegal to complete the paperwork properly and file same with the court.

besides what I am qualified to do, I also have several great references for other areas such as Living trusts .

The things a Paralegal CAN NOT do are give legal advice or appear in court on behalf of a client those are for an attorney to do.

I hope this has helped you.
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by mindingcitybiz »

We need a paralegal business here. Many people need to send out legal letters and can't afford to pay the Attorney rates of $150 and up for an attorney. Thank you for seeing a need within the community.
paralegal
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

to: MCB

Post by paralegal »

Thanks so much for the support!!!!! I am in the process of getting all the licenses that I need and finding a building . I was thinking of the Canyon Corners.

I love helping people through tough times in their lives and it makes me feel good knowing that they are able to go on with their lives because I am capable of helping them through legal stuff without charging them a fortune.

Legal field is my absolute passion in life. The reason I got into this business is because it allows me the opportunity to serve people with something so important and/or devastating in their lives and I can make them smile and feel a little better.

Thanks again for the support.
Concerned AC Citizen
Wanderer
Wanderer

Go For It!

Post by Concerned AC Citizen »

I SAY GO FOR IT PARALEGAL! I think that you will bring alot of good into this community and help so many people who can't afford lawyers.

Let me know where and when you open up . THE BEST OF LUCK TO YOU
May we live each day to its fullest. May we always make someone else smile with our words
paralegal
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Post by paralegal »

I want to thank those who have offered their opinions. I will be opening a business shortly! So, I look forward to being able to assist the citizens of American canyon with their legal needs shortly.
Paul Maguire
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Paul Maguire »

I think you would do fine if you market yourself, and get the word out, in newspaper and direct mail.

Also, if you have bilingual, as their is a large asian and latino population nearby. I would market in vallejo , fairfield, and american canyon.

Look to drive in folks for notary, wills, trusts, etc, and have a staff attorney or an attorney you can outsource to, for those things you may get out of your area of licensure or expertise.

A good number of folks can get from a paralegal many of the things that their attorney might charge 300 an hour for, done for considerably less. I would also do small claims assistance.

I think you are the only one that I have heard of in town.

Good luck to you