01-25-07 times herald

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
mookienunu
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

01-25-07 times herald

Post by mookienunu »

There was an article in yesterdays Time Herald Stating that there is going to be a written code of conduct for American Canyon elected representatives of the city. This is great news, and overdue. We can only hope that it will hold true that if an elected official bad mouths a resisdent or even another city official, there will be consequences for their actions, and they will be enforced. This will certainly quiet down a certain member on city council, who in the past has been rude to residents as well as fellow council members.. SWEET!! Finally people are going to held accountable for their bad behavior. YEAH!
Mel
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Mel »

Well, as far as I am concerned, it should be a code od conduct for EVERYONE who attends ALL City meetings. RESIDENTS included. I have seen many residents be rude and trash-like and that needs to STOP. Maybe this new "Mayor" will have the balls enough to call down a resident when she or he is acting up. It is a 2 way street. If the rudness stops on BOTH sides then and only then will American Canyon start to heal.
mookienunu
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by mookienunu »

point well taken... good call!!!
ac94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Can't We All Just Get Along?

Post by ac94503 »

I also read the article about the "Code of Ethics" in the Times Herald. That is (according to the article ) a very small part of a document that needs much discussion prior to being approved. In fact, if I remember correctly, there will be many meetings or workshops before this document will be adopted. I would like to know what that document proposes as guidelines.

We don't need to tip-toe around the fact that the majority of the Council are trying to discredit "one" member of the Council by this document.
The minute the Napa Solano Post states a different opinion than the majority of the Council...Guess who brings up this "Code of Ethics" document to oust Cindy?

We (the residents) deserve the respect of not being hoodwinked by the current Council that have made no bones about what their future plans are regarding a Council Member that does not always go along with their plans.

When the idea of a formal "Code of Ethics" document came up prior to the election, I could read the writing on the wall and we as citizens are
not "uneducated" enough to realize what really is happening here.

Personally, I find the handshaking prior to Council Meetings to be a set-up and sham by the majority of the Council that feel they have the control now and we will get "her" out. Maybe a better idea is to listen to her questions, ask questions yourself and make an informed decision...not because the other guy thinks so!
Colleen
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Post by Colleen »

ac94503 - Good point! And I remember watching the council meetings a couple years back now and when Cecil would stop the way-too-quick progression of what was on the docket and ask questions as flags were being raised in front of him, you would see others on the council roll their eyes. I thought: 1) HOW RUDE! and 2) I want someone up there who is asking questions and readling not only documents they are given, but between the lines of these documents, which, as we know, is very important as well. J.T. Miller was walking door to door prior to his campaign and I looked him in the eyes and told him "I do not want a yes man (or woman) on council...how well of a sh@! disturber are you if it IS needed? I want someone who will ask the questions I am thinking and look at all sides of an issue." I think I took him by surprise, but he got my point exactly. I hope others do as well...
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by mindingcitybiz »

I love this thread it is so productive. :P