Steak House at Visitor's Center

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
ac94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Steak House at Visitor's Center

Post by ac94503 »

I'm wondering if anyone has been to the "new steak house" at NV Visitor Center. I also would like to know what the price range is and were you happy with your meal? I'm looking for more of a variety of food in AC and would appreciate your opinion.
ac94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

There is a real problem here in AC

Post by ac94503 »

Today I decided to cross the highway and check out what is on the other side. Not much! The apts that were built may be beautiful inside but they are still apts and very expensive at that!

The Visitor Center had approx 3 cars in the lot...The flower shop was closed ...Laff's gifts was not open and looking in the window...cheap crap!

Quiznos, Cold Stone, Cell Phone store...All closed.

What really has been brought to AC except possibly Safeway? Either we need new direction or the people of AC need to support the local stores that are willing to take a chance in this town

My personal opinion...Someone sold several people alot of promises or Wal-Mart is necessary to our economy.

I think that the City should try to draw a "home improvement" center as an anchor...I do see recently sold properties taking on new life. Why not grab those sales?

Time will tell!
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by mindingcitybiz »

Cold Stone is an upscale ice cream parlor. Let's face it we are "working families" who cannot afford to pay $16.00 3 or 4 times a week for our kids to have ice cream.

Quizno's owner; the wife had a brain tumor and had to close. They are in a lawsuit against Quizno's because they couldn't pay their franchise fee's because they were not open. So he opened Obee's las summer and has just recently sold it and moved back to India.

The phone store didn't make it because it could compete with sprint, verizon and cingular.

An Ace Hardware would be a wonderful asset. On the flip side last year I found Adobe Lumber carries all kinds of home repair supplies, the down side they are only open monday - friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Also General Plumbing sells supplies to the public too. Same type of hours though.

I am looking forward to the new Sushi Bar opening up in Canyon Corners and was elated to see Radio Shack open in Napa Junction 1.

I heard DC's Steakhouse will open February 1st at the Visitor's Center. It will be nice to have a steakhouse in American Canyon again.
paralegal
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: closing of businesses

Post by paralegal »

I have posted a few posts re: my opening a business and asked the general public here in AC their opinion. I have received a few replys and they were all encouraging.

I think that the reason some of these business are not making it here is that they are to expensive OR AC needs to support THEIR business a little more.

\AC has the opportunity to be a bigger success and has SO MUCH potential. But we as the citizens here need to support the businesses here. This town will not stay small for long. It is nice to belong in a small town but with that we can also have business in our own towns that are supported by the citizens and others from other towns as well.
VicRiv
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Yummy!

Post by VicRiv »

Been busy but wanted to try this place out. They have a good lunch menu.

There were 5 of us and the final bill was $88.00 for their early bird specials.

$14.99 gets you:
Salad Bar or Soup
Freshly baked breadsticks(by the bucket! ) served with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and/or butter

Entrees: choice of
Chicken
Sauteed Beef Ribs
Prime Rib
another dish (forgot)
All served with baked potato, twice baked potato or french fries.
French fries were dee-licious!Grilledveggies (asparagus, zucchini & carrots)
Drink

Also included dessert: choice of cheesecake, chocolare decadence, apple pecan pie (served warm-mm good)

Service was prompt and good. Dennis is an excellent cook.

We need to support these businesses! Tell a friend! Spread the word.

By the way Dennis does excellent catering also. His salmon appetizers and hand-dipped chocolate strawberries and fresh candies are excellent.
ac94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Yummy

Post by ac94503 »

Sounds good and reasonable...What are the early bird special times?

Post by Guest »

Does anyone know about Country Creamery in the Plaza? I see a sign up that they are Now Hiring. I can't seem to pull up any franchise info on it. Maybe it's private owned???
ac94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Hungry

Post by ac94503 »

Gloprincess...

After the closier of Cold Stone, I would assume this new business would have to be a private enterprise. (Really, what does that matter.)
Also, in my opinion their prices would have to be afordable within a family community seeing that the last franchise failed. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Still wondering...what are the hours for the early bird special at the Visitor's Center?
VicRiv
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Early Bird

Post by VicRiv »

The phone # 642-2278. I believe it's 5:30 -6:30-better to call.
Mel
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Mel »

Wonder where Stacy's been lately, she usually browses this forum. She works for Dennis, I'm sure she knows...
ac94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Question for Mel

Post by ac94503 »

What happened that you decided to go to the other side? You have always been a Coffey supporter...why so negative about Stacey and Cindy?
Mel
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Mel »

Negative? NO no no. I seriously wonder where she's been. She is usually browsing when I speak to her on the phone. That's why I am surprised she hasn't responded to the Steakhouse topic. That's all. I haven't asked her about it either. She is one of Dennis's greatest fans and strives to help Dennis make the Steakhouse a great place to eat. Now about Cindy....Was I negative about her here lately? I just spoke to her yesterday and we had a great conversation....I dunno. I never intended for anything to be negitive about my last post.
ac94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Reply to Mel

Post by ac94503 »

My comment has to do with a post from you regarding the suit against Wal Mart. Can't find it at the moment but basically it said Congratulations you've won...think of all the people you put out of work at Christmas time.

Maybe I misunderstood.
Mel
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Mel »

Yes, I believe you misunderstood. I do not recall ever saying anything like that. I am against the WalMart - always have been. Cindy and Stacy are my close friends and they have been for years.