TODAYS NAPA REGISTER

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
mookienunu
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

TODAYS NAPA REGISTER

Post by mookienunu »

There is a fantastic article in todays napa register in the Letters to the editor section. It is written by Rosemarie Segovia of Napa. It all rings all so true! We as residents are aware of Council member Coffeys involvement with attempting to keep WalMart out of American Canyon. She stated publicly several months ago that she was not involved with these groups anymore and the city attorney was going to write a letter to prove this. Well that never happened! And oh what a shock to residents to find out she is still involved. Yeah right...what a shock!! When will the lies from this woman stop?
Frankie G
Informant
Informant

Post by Frankie G »

WHAAAAA- GO STACY, GO STACY. Someone is standing up and holding the City and the developers accountable. Simple as that!
ac94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Letter to the Editor

Post by ac94503 »

I read the letter that you are referring to and found it to be the best letter written that I have read from the "pro-walmart" side of this issue.

I would love to hear a response from the other side, who I would assume is Stacy Su?

I will be perfectly honest in my observation here:

Stacy is to Cindy Coffey what Cori is to Leon Garcia...Cheerleaders!!!

I would prefer to hear from the source!

I am truly divided on this issue.
mookienunu
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Letter to the Editor

Post by mookienunu »

To the real story, you may hear it from Stacy, but she is just a puppet for Cindy. Cindy cannot be honest because of her ego.
VicRiv
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Article

Post by VicRiv »

I read the article this morning. It had some very good points. There was another column by editor of either Register/Eagle that made a comment "American Canyon is more than a store"..I agree wholeheartedly.

Some people are stuck on making this a Wal-mart issue. It IS more than that. You can decide whether to solicit a store or not, that's how you show either your support, or not.

I personally spent about $100 annually at Wal-Mart primarily in Garden supplies and small household items (bulbs, paper supplies etc). There are many young families, retirees and others on fixed income who apparently shop there on a regular basis. As the WORLD's largest retailer-they have to be doing something correctly.

I have never figured out the following: is the lawsuit about traffic and environmental concerns? I thought it was. So I was suprised about the attorney, Mr Jolley's, statement "tearing the building down brick by brick".

People need to realize-Lake Street Ventures didn't go out and solicit WM. They came to him with their project. American Canyon is, from a retail and business perspective, an "unproven" retail destination.

Bottom line: The parties involved in the lawsuit seemed to prefer to legistlate than negotiate a common ground, which would have benefitted the entire population and citizenry of American Canyon. And yes, I agree with the article, have placed a stranglehold on the financial viability of American Canyon, services and general fund for all of us.

From what I understand, the environmental reports will take almost a year to complete. Thanks for listening.
mookienunu
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

article

Post by mookienunu »

What makes matters more interesting is the fact that some of thes people who are involved in the lawsuit shop WalMart. Yes!! They may say they don't but I have seen them in the vallejo and napa Walmart. That's hypocritical. What it boils down to is control of a city and personalities. Cindy and her band of merry misguides will continue on. Oh I'm sorry.. Stacy and her Band of misguides will continue to "strangle hold" this city.
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

Re: article

Post by Issa »

They may say they don't but I have seen them in the vallejo and napa Walmart. That's hypocritical.
I think you are missing one side of those who dont want walmart which is the opinion I share. The side that has nothing against walmart, they shop there too, they just dont want a super walmart in their city for numerous reasons such as lowering property values, adding to crime and/or traffic, class, or just wish some other store were there. Also, I think its absolutely ridiculous having two super walmarts within a few miles of each other.
Visit AmericanCanyon.com --- Your online source for everything City Of American Canyon, California.
mookienunu
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

article

Post by mookienunu »

Its interesting to hear about property values going down. And it may not hold true to all areas. In the Palm-Springs La Quinta area that is not true at all. Property values in the surrounding area are quite impressive. And traffic?? There is traffic already and WalMart is not open. Yes, there will be added traffic but people will be coming and going at different times. And using the word "class" is coming across "snobbish".Many seniors live on fixed incomes and stores like WalMart are a benefit to them. Be it everyday household items or prescriptions it is a help to them. So I truly hope that I am not reading too much into your useage of the word "class".
merryjester
Historian
Historian

Huh?

Post by merryjester »

I must be missing something here... From the article:
we face potential economic ruin because of the potential success of the ... lawsuit
See, now *I* thought we face economic ruin because the Council rubberstamped the decision through without going through the proper channels/performing the appropriate environmental impact reports. The First District Court of Appeals (of the United States, now) ruled that the city violated environmental laws... This has nothing to do with property values, class warfare, or traffic. Or rather - nobody can say anything definitively about any of those things BEFORE doing the study. That's the whole point!

I'm just as unhappy as the next AmCan resident that we have a 131,000 sq. ft. box sitting vacant on the edge of town, but let's place blame where blame is due. Saying it's the fault of those who want the City to be held accountable is pretty far off base.
ac94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Times Herald

Post by ac94503 »

I found it interesting that the reprint of the Register's Letter to the Editor that appeared last week has been altered in today's Times Hearld. There is no mention of Stacy Su. Also, it states that the author lives in AC.
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by mindingcitybiz »

Ok first rosemarie lives in Napa and when people called her to the mat she decided she lives in American Canyon, well I did a web search and she doesn't exist. So who is fooling who here.

The bottome line, "We don't need no stinking big box stores!" in American Canyon.