He's Baaack!!!

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
Sick of it in AC

He's Baaack!!!

Post by Sick of it in AC »

Backing Wal-Mart
By Times-Herald readers
Article Launched:11/29/2006 07:10:57 AM PST

The recent stoppage of work on the Wal-Mart is a direct action of none other that American Canyon Councilmember Cindy Coffey and is a setback to the quality of life for American Canyon.
I have previously asked for the censure of Mrs. Coffey because of her continued involvement against the building of a Wal-Mart in our city. If ever there needed to be a recall, the time is now.

It is time to unite for what is right for American Canyon and put an end of this negative-minded, anti-Wal-Mart group.

Morris Curry, American Canyon

Any comments? I have one...

It is difficult for me to unite against Cindy and the anti-Wal Mart group due to the fact that the "Court" agreed with their findings.
Let's Get Real

Post by Let's Get Real »

Well, Curry is just having his hissy fit like Joan did because he didn't get onto his college seat. BOO HOO - Also, I think that Cori needs to be censured. Cindy didn't create the City's mistakes - the City and the developer did. Buzz, you knew this could happen and you told no one about anything. You thought that you'd get a smaller store approved and sneak in this Super store without having to do the appropriate reports and tests. I am one of many people that contacted Bed Bath and Beyond after reading your quote the other day in the register. Here is a quote taken from their email to me

"we VERY rarely would require a SuperWalmart, in order for us to consider placing a Bed Bath & Beyond in a town."

That doesn't say they won't come if there is no Walmart... Sorry BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

And where is our old friend West? You were so active on this forum. What's wrong, can't post from work any more???

He's Back

Post by Guest »

Leave it up to Morris to lose to nobody. Common, nobody running against Morris and he can't even win?
merryjester
Historian
Historian

It's funny....

Post by merryjester »

I'll admit to a bit of voter ignorance in saying that when I saw the ballot, and saw I could choose between Pastor Curry and some other dude, I decided on "some other dude" versus Curry. Silly me in finding that the "other dude" wasn't even running anymore....but still, when faced with the choice, I voted for "anyone but him".

Snipes and ill-placed comments (like the one above - Coffee wasn't even ON the Council when the decision that the courts overturned was made) are the reason. I'm not certain if the Napa Valley College board affects my life one iota (I'm pretty certain it doesn't), but I wouldn't have voted for this person for AmCan Dog Catcher, if it were on the ballot.

FYI, look for Pastor Curry on the next ballot running for AmCan Dog Catcher... And expect him to lose to surprise write-in candidate "Mike Keester".

Curry

Post by Guest »

The real sad part about the story is I do believe Curry means well...however, he is living in the 60's. The diversity that existed years ago...in my opinion does not exist in AC. If I could say one good thing about our community, it would be the acceptance of all races, religions, creeds and color.

We do not need anyone stirring the pot of racisim in our community and especially on the NVC board.

Like Merryjester, I was very happy to see an opponent on the ballot and also voted for him...with no regrets.
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by mindingcitybiz »

Ditto