Walmart DOA

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
Paul Maguire
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Walmart DOA

Post by Paul Maguire »

Failed policies of the city planning commission and city council have left Walmart DOA. I predict this will be the first in a series of losses for American Canyon in the court system.

Note that NJ3 was also passed with a negative declaration, similar to Walmart, and will likely lose that court case as well with some similar facts.

The lawlessness demonstrated in this city by some government officials will not stand at the end of the day. Here is an example of justice done. The California Environmental Quality Control Act protects all of us, and today the court upheld that act and noted the violations in and by American Canyon officials.
mattbb61
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

WALMART STORY

Post by mattbb61 »

mattbb61
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

NORTH RICHMOND

Post by mattbb61 »

"...An attorney for Citizens Against Poor Planning, Jacqueline McDonald, argued the city should have considered the urban decay effect on the neighboring community of Vallejo..." :shock:

OH PLEASE! Its Vallejo's own long standing DECAY which I don't want visited any more on OUR community. Visit downtown Vallejo (take you kids along too..) and watch the hookers, drug dealers and debase rappers plying their filthy trades. You DONT need to worry about what this Wal-Mart's effect will have on Vallejo; it's already decayed.

Jacqueline, what HAVE you been smoking girlfriend :?:
MeadowsGuy
Historian
Historian

Some Vindication

Post by MeadowsGuy »

Well, this is some vindication that Cindy and Paul were RIGHT ON on the WalMart problem. Actually it wasn't about WalMart... the City Council (Colcleaser and his voting block) did an extremely pitiable slam-dunk on California's Laws and brought us to this dysfunctional (and embarassing) moment in Urban Planning.

I think it will go down in the record books as "how not to build Cities".

Well done Cindy and Paul !!!

Voter turnout was pathetic as usual but remember, there is an election every two years.