It's about time!

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

It's about time!

Post by mindingcitybiz »

It was great reading the front page article of the Times Herald about Canyon Corners. There are other wonderful business coming to American Canyon through other developments besides Napa Junction. It is a pity the American Canyon Chamber hasn't realized it yet. Maybe if the Chamber was doing its job in helping these small business promote themselve there wouldn't be such a high closure rate of businesses in American Canyon.

Just wondering how many people know about these "family owned" businesses and do you use them regularly?

The Visitors Center has the following businesses all family owned and operated Laff's gift store, American Canyon Flower Shop, Dental office and the Napa Sonoma MarketPlace (wine, wine tasting room and deli).

Cabernet Village has a new music school offering lessons for piano, guitar, drums, trumpet, and voice lessons (family owned).

Canyon Corners has a gym, Yu Sushi is coming and so is a sit down thai and chinese restaurant all family owned.

Canyon Plaza has new Italian restaurant at the old Roosters location family owned and operated. The food is awesome. Also Mastertech Computer Repair is owned and operated by an American Canyon resident. The Martial Arts Facility next to Mastertech is owned and operated by an American Canyon Resident. Spa Ballisma is owned and operated by an American Canyon Resident.

Just a known fact, family businesses make up 80% of businesses in the U.S. today and keep American's working. Family owned business are the backbone of this country and they need your support to stay in business.
mattbb61
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

"YU SUSHI"

Post by mattbb61 »

MCB, are you refering to the Sushi Yu currently on Redwood in Vallejo? THAT would be a MAJOR coup if they are the ones, and are relocating to our city, OR are opening up their second store!
"Bento boxes 4 dinner, yahooooo!" :P
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by mindingcitybiz »

yup that is the one. I don't know that are relocating, I believe it is their second location.
mattbb61
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Sushi Yu

Post by mattbb61 »

Happy Days are HERE!

Sushi Yu is THE BEST Japanese food this side of Yokosuka! :wink:
mattbb61
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

JAPANESE SUSHI HOUSE

Post by mattbb61 »

The Sushi Yu will be directly across the street from Starbucks, the one in the Safeway development. It will occupy "L-8" which is the corner lot on James Road and West American Canyon Road. So says the paperwork posted within... Although the name is listed as "Yu Sushi," it HAS been confirmed by an neightobr of mine who frequents their Redwood Street location even more often than I do, that it is indeed the same outfit...

Date of opening is still pending as well...
Member of the Loyal Opposition
Since 2008...
OfficerThurmon
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
SpamStop: NO

Re: It's about time!

Post by OfficerThurmon »

Eh? Sushi? In American Canyon? Chief, looks like you and I have yet another trait in common...... I can eat me some serious sushi. Me and my wife used to frequent a place up in Sacramento years ago, before it shut down. Dang it, man! I can't wait to come home!
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

Post by Issa »

Theres a place down here in San Diego called Yoshi Sushi, its all you can eat for 20 bucks, best I've ever eaten, you just order what you want and the guys just keep on bringing the stuff!
Visit AmericanCanyon.com --- Your online source for everything City Of American Canyon, California.
mattbb61
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by mattbb61 »

Guys, Sushi Yu is progressing full speed ahead, even during the late evening... My neighbor down the end of the street in the new mansion house is also a fan of theirs when they were on Redwood Street in Vallejo... We are keeping tabs on it for the grand opening... Japaneese Valhalla is not too far away!
Since 2008...
slvrnblk
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by slvrnblk »

Sushi Yu has some good stuff. Also try out the China Chef restaurant. Had a chreistening for my daughter and rented the restaurant for 100 guests and the food is awesome!! Owners are AmCan residents who happen to be my neighbors.
mattbb61
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by mattbb61 »

Yes, but it is STILL not soon enough for me. I look forward to finding out just WHEN they WILL be opening; I shall post it here if and when I do...
Since 2008...