Wal-Mart Discussion (all Wal-Mart related posts go here now)

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
OfficerThurmon
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
SpamStop: NO

Re: THE NEW AMERICAN CANYON WAL-MART!

Post by OfficerThurmon »

ac94503 wrote:I haven't posted for quite a while but I would like to give my observation of the new Wal Mart.

For packaged and frozen goods...you cannot beat the price at Wal Mart!

For fresh produce and meat...Safeway!

On a personal note:

Officer Thurman, I hope you will be back in town safe and soon.

Thanks, ac94503. I plan on coming home in 6 months, and I keep my profile low :mrgreen:
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

Post by Issa »

I got a chance to visit the walmart a few days ago. I was impressed by its size and everything they had. It was very clean and there was plenty of parking, and tons of cashiers in case the place was busy. I did notice the traffic was just nuts now! If its due to walmart or not I am not sure. In any case, I hope it will stay that way and wont follow suit as other walmarts out there, or even closing like the one in vallejo. Time will tell. I do feel sorry for any mom and pop shops out there because there is virtually no way to compete against them, they practicually own american canyon's consumers.
Visit AmericanCanyon.com --- Your online source for everything City Of American Canyon, California.
mattbb61
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by mattbb61 »

I was there with the family this afternoon... We came from the Napa direction, and spent quite some time waiting to turn left at Napa Junction; the same intersection coming out making a left back onto Hwy 29 was also a very long wait. I found that parking north of the north entrance to be MUCH better than amongst the throngs of vehicles in front of the south entrance. Having a new van its always been my idea to park away from the other cars anyway. I tried shopping in the food section this time, and found the selection very good. We HAD planned on getting a few items, but ended up buying nearly 95% of what was on our Safeway list right there in Wal-Mart. I still like Safeway, but since their "new look" is something which makes me yearn for the original look, and the absence of the original manager, I am more inclined to do comparison shopping at Wal-Mart. Besides, I like the fact that no sleasy leftist political UNION is a part of the store. =D
Member of the Loyal Opposition
Since 2008...