RAIL CARS LEFT ALONG VETERANS MEMORIAL PARK

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
vchavis
New User
New User

RAIL CARS LEFT ALONG VETERANS MEMORIAL PARK

Post by vchavis »

Has anyone noticed the unsightly Rail Cars that have been left (for the past month) alongside the new Veteran Memorial park? Does it bother anyone other than myself? Are you a concerned home owner that is worried that your already depreciated home value will depreciate even more with these unsightly rail cars in our neighborhood?

Well, I have had email and phone conversation dialog with some of the persons at Cal Northern that are responsible for leaving the rail cars and based on those conversations, they plan on storing the rail cars there for quite some time.

Here are some comments from Cal Northern:

you are probably aware, the tracks that run through our town are part of the original transcontinental railroad constructed in the 1870's. Unfortunately for us, these tracks which have handled millions of carloads of freight are now dormant. But we have hope, we are waiting for a prospective business to come to fruition in Vallejo so that we can start revitalizing our community and our country again. Unlike Highway 29 where the noise, pollution and congestion will continue, it is our hope that the economy will turn around now that we have President Obama in place and we will be able to start moving the freight of our nation and not storing cars.

Don Seil
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The railroad cars currently stored on the railroad track in the city of American Canyon.I have reviewed where the railroad cars are stored and I don't see where they are stored in front of anyone's house however they are stored out in the open along Highway-29. The reason the railroad cars are stored on this track is because of economic conditions our railroad has had to store unneeded railroad cars.The railroad cars will be moved as soon as they are needed.

Respectfully You're

Jon.Kerruish

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neither of these responses show that Cal Northern has any intention of moving these rail cars from infront of the Montevino Development. If you live in the Montevino development, please get involved and "let your voice be heard" by contacting the following people at Cal Northern Railway:

Chief Executive Officer
John Giles-John.Giles@RailAmerica.com
904-538-6110

Don Seil -Donald.Seil@railamerica.com
Business Phone: (530) 668-9490

John Kerruish- John.Kerruish@railamerica.com

Mike Ortega- Mike.Ortega@RailAmerica.com
Reginald M. Thompson
Vice President – Industrial Development
Office: (904) 538-6135
Cell: (904) 669-8539
Fax: (904) 256-0465
Reginald.Thompson
@RailAmerica.com

Peter Boyle
Director Industrial Development - East
Office: (540) 989-7557
Cell: (540) 529-7557
Peter.Boyle@RailAmerica.com

Mike Ortega
Director Industrial Development - West
Office: (760) 754-9740
Cell: (619) 318-4237
Fax: (619) 245-4167
Mike.Ortega@RailAmerica.com

The website for Cal Northern is:
http://www.railamerica.com/ShippingServ ... /CFNR.aspx

Let them know that we would like to have these cars moved somewhere else. Also, contact American Canyon city officials at 707-647-4352
http://www.ci.american-canyon.ca.us/Dep ... _index.htm

I am looking into contacting the Railroad Commission, I will update contact information.